Royalty Free Image License
THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT TOGETHER WITH SCHEDULE A IS A LEGAL AND BINDING AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) BETWEEN YOU (“LICENSEE” OR “CUSTOMER”) AND THE CANNABIZ AGENCY (“TCA”). THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO LICENSES ISSUED FOR ROYALTY FREE CONTENT ONLINE OR BY ANY MEANS OF DELIVERY FROM THE CANNABIZ AGENCY IMAGES, TCA IMAGES, OR TCAIMAGES.COM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT PLEASE CEASE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR LICENSE ANY CONTENT.
Note: Some of our images are sold through third party websites including but not limited to depositphoto.com, istockphoto.com and shutterstock.com. If you have purchased an image from a third party website, the license, terms and conditions apply to your purchase as defined by and provided by each third party directly. In which case this License is not applicable.
- Definitions “Content” means all types of visual content, including, without limitation, still photography, motion film or video and may include audio elements, whether generated optically, electronically, digitally or by any other means, and shall include all metadata, keywords, descriptions and captions associated therewith. Any reference to Content includes the whole or the part. “Licensee” or “You” means the individual or entity acquiring a license under this Agreement or, if the Licensee is acting on behalf of another individual or entity, the individual or entity specifically named under client name on the invoice. “End Product” means the final work product or title specific production that is created by or on behalf of the Licensee incorporating the Content as authorized by this Agreement. It may include derivatives of the End Product provided it is not a new title. “Royalty Free Content” means content identified as royalty-free by TCA that may be licensed to a Licensee for an unlimited number of uses within one End Product. All references to Content throughout this agreement refers to Royalty Free Content. Royalty Free Image License (“License”) refers to this license agreement.
- License Terms Subject to the terms of this Agreement TCA grants Licensee a perpetual, worldwide, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right to reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, and create derivative works, in whole or in part, with respect to TCA’S Royalty Free Content identified on TCA’s invoice, an unlimited number of times in connection with a single End Product, for use in any and all media and for all uses other than the restricted uses described in Section 3. All other rights to the Royalty Free Content, including, without limitation, copyright, are reserved to TCA and the copyright holder. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, this Agreement does not and is not intended to confer rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties to the Agreement. Licensee may alter, crop, modify or adapt the Royalty Free Content. Licensee may make a backup copy of the Content for internal back-up purposes provided TCA’S copyright and any metadata or other identifying information embedded with the digital file is retained with the file. Limited, temporary transfers of the Content are permitted to third parties integral to the creation of the End Product, provided such third parties agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement. If Licensee desires to use the Royalty Free Content for an additional client or End Product, Licensee must contact TCA to purchase an additional license.
- Restrictions on Use Except as provided in Section 2, Licensee may not: • Sublicense, sell, assign, convey or transfer any of its rights under this Agreement, but Licensee may sell or license the End Product incorporating the Content; • Include the Content in an electronic template intended to be used by third parties on electronic or printed products, without obtaining the prior written consent of TCA and the payment of an additional license fee; • Create multiple impressions or “on-demand” products, incorporating the Content including, but not limited to, website designs, presentation templates, electronic greeting cards, business cards, t-shirts, mugs, calendars, posters, screensavers or wallpapers for mobile devices or any other electronic or printed matter, without first obtaining an extended license for such purpose (if available); • Make the Content available in any medium in a manner intended to allow or invite a third party to download, extract or access the Content as a standalone file. For Content displayed on a website, Licensee shall post terms that prohibit the republication or transmission of the Content as a stand alone file; • Incorporate the Content into a logo, trademark or service mark; • Use the Content in a pornographic, defamatory, libelous or otherwise illegal manner, or infringe on any third party intellectual property rights, whether directly or in context or juxtaposition with other subject matter and materials; • Use any of the Content in any manner prohibited by any export laws, restrictions or regulations; • Falsely represent, expressly or impliedly, that Licensee is the original creator of a visual work that derives a substantial part of its artistic components from the Content; • Use content identified as “Editorial Use Only” for non-editorial purposes; • If the Content is used on a social media or other third-party website; the Content may only be used as part of an End Product; and • Use the Content for multiple End Products without obtaining an additional license. Use is restricted to the maximum image size originally purchased. This license is granted to a TCA Customer (the original purchaser of an image from TCAImages.com or TheCannabizAgency.com). Use per purchase is restricted per Customer as an individual and/or single business entity per license.
- Grants TCA grants no rights and makes no warranties with regard to the use of names, people, trademarks, trade dress, registered, unregistered or copyrighted designs or works of art or architecture depicted in any Content. Licensee shall be solely responsible for determining whether a release is sufficient for the proposed use or is required in connection with any proposed use of such Content or if additional permissions or consents are necessary from person, entity, association, guild or other organization. Licensee may not rely on any statements made by any TCA employee or representative other than those provided in this Agreement. Licensee acknowledges that some jurisdictions provide legal protection against a person’s image, likeness or property being used for commercial purposes without their consent. TCA used commercially reasonable efforts to identify the caption for the Content, but cannot be held responsible for erroneous or incomplete caption information.
- Warranties and Disclaimers TCA warrants that: (i) it has all necessary rights and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement; (ii) Licensee’s use of the Content in accordance with this Agreement and in the form delivered by TCA (i.e., excluding any modifications by Licensee) will not infringe on any copyrights or moral rights of any person or entity; and (iii) if a release is provided by TCA, Licensee’s use of the Content and in accordance with this Agreement and in the form delivered by TCA (i.e., excluding any modifications by Licensee) will not, where a property release is provided, infringe on any trademark and/or will not, where a model release is provided, violate any right of privacy or right of publicity. General Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability TCA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE IMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TCA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF LICENSEE’S USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TCA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES. TCA’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH LICENSEE’S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE IMAGES/FOOTAGE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) SHALL, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BE LIMITED TO THE VALUE OF THE LICENSE PAID BY THE LICENSEE FOR THE USE OF THE CONTENT. THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY TCA IN THIS AGREEMENT APPLY ONLY TO THE CONTENT AS DELIVERED BY TCA AND WILL BE INVALID IF THE CONTENT IS USED BY LICENSEE IN ANY MANNER NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR IF LICENSEE IS OTHERWISE IN BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. TCA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR AS A RESULT OF MODIFICATIONS MADE TO THE CONTENT BY LICENSEE OR THE CONTEXT IN WHICH THE CONTENT IS USED BY LICENSEE. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER SOME STATE LAWS.
- Licensee Indemnity Licensee agrees to defend, indemnify and hold TCA and its parent, subsidiaries and commonly owned or controlled affiliates and their respective officers, directors and employees harmless from all damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), arising out of or as a result of claims by third parties relating to Licensee’s use of any Content(s) outside the scope of this Agreement or any other breach by Licensee of this Agreement.
- Notification The party seeking indemnification shall promptly notify the other party of such claim. At indemnifying party’s option, indemnifying party may assume the handling, settlement or defense of any claim or litigation, in which event indemnified party shall cooperate in the defense of any such claim or litigation as may be reasonably requested by indemnifying party. Indemnified party shall have the right to participate in such litigation, at its expense, through counsel selected by indemnified party. Indemnifying party will not be liable for legal fees and other costs incurred prior to the other party giving notice of the claim for which indemnity is sought.
- Payment Terms No licenses are granted until full payment is received.
- Copyright Infringement and Liquidated Damages In the event that the Licensee utilizes any Content without or prior to the granting of a license, TCA reserves the right to seek damages through legal means unless the Licensee agrees to reimburse TCA a sum equal to five (5) times the market value price charged for such use of a Content as liquidated damages. If the Licensee fails to make the payment as outlined above, within fourteen (14) days of TCA’s invoicing such fee, this liquidated damage provision shall be void and TCA reserves the right to sue for copyright infringement, including attorneys’ fees and all associated costs.
- Termination and Withdrawal TCA reserves the right to automatically terminate or revoke the license contained in this Agreement and invoice without notice if Licensee or its client fails to comply with any provision of this Agreement. In addition, Company may withdraw the Content based on a potential or actual legal claim. Upon termination or withdrawal, Licensee and its client must immediately discontinue all future use of the Content not otherwise incorporated in an End Product, delete the Content and all copies from all magnetic/electronic media and destroy all other copies in its possession or control. TCA may replace the Content with alternate Content upon its discretion. TCA waives any right to enjoin the use of Content incorporated in an End Product.
- Entire Contract This Agreement, together with any schedule or invoice, contains all the terms of the Agreement and no terms or conditions may be added or deleted unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of both parties. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms contained herein and the terms contained on any purchase order or other writing sent by Licensee, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact support.